 Technic / 2829
Re: Rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:59:06 GMT

There is a special part in that rant I specially like, namely 'let jennifer
do the design'.
I have seen many many wonderfull designs by people whom post on lugnet and
these would make some great sets.
And the strongest asset of Lego is the community of people whom play with
it. They are all extremely creative and I bet there are quite a few
engineers here. That's why there are such cool programs like Ldraw and
Mlcad.
perhaps Lego should have a (monthly) contest where their consumers can send
in their .dat files or pictures of models they've made themselves and the
one with the most votes gets made. The winner could get the first box for
free or perhaps his name on the box. Wo wouldn't want that. And Lego can
tell the minimum that they are going to sell just by watching the number of
votes.

Of course things would probably be inmensely more difficult than what I can
imagine, but I can dream can't I.

Koen