 Technic / 2785
Re: Rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:30:36 GMT

OK, When I went into my dark age (upto 95 or 96) I didn't through away every
magazine or manual.  About a month ago, I was comparing them to from then to
now.  Basicly I thought Lego designers are either getting lazier or they
think people's IQ is dropping by the minute.  OK, ok , ok, stop laughting.
I mean it, STOP! Just like some of the other post comparing models, the
newer ones may be getting a little big with more parts, but they aren't
doing more.  I got that little red car, the one with the clear motor that
didn't do anything a a gift.  I didn't mind, but 5 or 6 years ago, they had
that off-road vehicle that also made a drag racer.  I still love the racer
because IT COULD STEER.  That little red call only add two red wheels and
those other wheels to my collection.  I am still tring to figure out that
one.  When I built it (2 seconds :( ) I didn't even read the instructions.
It was pathetic! If anything, I would like models to be built out of the
parts in LDRAW, ok, maybe a few more, but you see er... know what I mean.  I
want models like the Airtech Claw Rig or the 8880 Supercar or the Backhoe.
Those where the models you could spend hours playing with and them, believe
it or not, you had FULL alternate instructions.  Yes having two choices on
the supercar was nice, but I don't see that as two different model.  Those
two choices look like something that you would post on a website to improve
a model, not count as an alternate.  I have seen better models done by
people that put Lego to shame.  (FREE PLUG) Visit my website
www.lcs.net/users/oglewood/  and look under the Lego Models.  I have Dessert
Racer I and II.  Also there is Thechnic Dune Buggy II.  These would qualify
for Lego Models with just a few minor ajustments.  I guess I am trying to
say: DO MAKE TECHNIC SO SIMPLE THAT IT ISN"T TECHNIC(AL)!

Adam Ogle
Adam's Webpage
www.lcs.net/users/oglewood/