 Technic / 2772
Re: Rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:41:30 GMT

It went all wrong when they replaced the technic connector toggle joint by
those 6 angle connectors. Where with 2 standard pieces you could make every
angle you want, where now you could have a hundred #3 angle connectors spare
and just need one #2 to complete your model.

I'm also very dissapointed by the continued line to produce series like
throwbot, roboriders and in the new catalog I saw bionicles. While the
throwbots had a 40 tooth wheel and a cool matching 40 to 1 wormbox, the
roboriders consists mainly of custumized parts which are of no use
whatsoever to build something else. And the main objective of this looks
like to make a toy with a lower price than the rest of the lego technic on
the shelf so that one could be persuaded to by one and then hope that that
strange virus sets in wich compels mankind to try and collect all from one
series once they  have one.

Perhaps lego could reproduce their lego-technic from 15 years ago?