 Technic / 2801
Re: Rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:27:29 GMT

Neil Everett wrote:

I tend to be disappointed by the current range (or lack of) of Technic
models.  We'll just have to design and build our own!

I was looking at the current range of Technic models in the shops yesterday and
would agree that the selection is pretty dire - certainly there is nothing
there that I would wish to purchase. The only one with a bit of appeal is the
Power Puller, for the reason that a couple of them would perhaps reincarnate
well as a piece of construction machinery. In its existing form it holds zero
attraction to myself, altough if it ever goes on sale I'll probably get one for
the 9V motor.

I find all the Slizer type things and daft wee cars a bit bizarre, not really
my scene at all, being interested in actual working stuff. However, perhaps it
would be worth bearing in mind that none of us are really kids here any more,
and that it may well be us that is totally missing the point. Perhaps if you
are ten years old all this stuff is totally magic? :-)

Jennifer Clark
http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/