 Technic / 2798
Re: Rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:53:49 GMT

koen wrote:

It went all wrong when they replaced the technic connector toggle joint by
those 6 angle connectors. Where with 2 standard pieces you could make every
angle you want, where now you could have a hundred #3 angle connectors spare
and just need one #2 to complete your model.

I'm actually very fond of these new angle connectors, even though the point you
make about them not being as flexible as the toggle joint is accurate. As far
as I am concerned, the great thing about them is their colour - you can make
designs that really begin to resemble the thing you are trying to model,
whereas using the grey toggle pieces gives a more skeletal look IMHO. The one
piece joints are also stronger in some situations. It is also surprisingly easy
to build up a critical mass of the new angle connectors through judicious
purchase of sets in sales etc. And if I want to use the older toggle joints,
there is nothing to stop me doing so. The choice is there.

As long as things don't get ridiculous, I'm all for the flexibility the new
Technic parts give. They allow me to make models previously impossible to
build, and realise things I have in my head that would have been incredibly
cumbersome and impractical with the older parts. In other words, I can use them
to build models that look better, work better, are perhaps smaller, and have
greater playability. To me that's what it's all about :-)

Jennifer Clark