 Technic / 1971
Re: Suspension
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:01:48 GMT

Yes, I believe you about this.  I tend to be too anal about the
mechanics being geometrically correct myself, which can be a bit of a
nuisance some times.  It is a good thing to be able to loosen these
principles some times since you can be much more creative that way.
You'll notice that the official LEGO Technic models some times are
geometrically incorrect, too.

The 'geometric incorrectness' (!) is also true for the driveshafts of course,
as the wheels have a fixed distance between them even though the driveshafts
change angle.  This is not a problem as this design allows the springs to be
mounted in a very vertical position, which gives a short travel and reasonably
stiff suspension using only one spring.

Cool!  You appear to have been in the supercaring business for a long
time!  The models were very nice looking.

The last two links appear to be wrong, though, as they point to the
"Sports" car?

I've fixed these links so go 'travel back in time...'  Thanks for pointing
them out!

I'll try to get some photos of the Caterham on the site soon!

Neil