 Technic / 1962
Re: Suspension
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 21:59:42 GMT

But isn't the geometry somewhat wrong?  I mean, if one of the shock
absorbers are depressed, the corresponding ball link connector is going
to be angled upwards, pulling the axle forwards.  This will mean that
the connection to the shock absorber becomes skew, putting some stress
on the peg connectors.  But this effect is probably quite minor.

You are certainly correct about this, but as the travel of the suspension is
relatively short, the effect is not a problem.  The setup really is very
smooth.  By the way, I've changed the menu on the page now, and added
some 'vintage' models that I made long ago!  There is less technical
information about these models, but you may find some of them interesting.

My approach is different.  What I'm making is more of a true live axle,
with the differential located inside the axle.  This design requires a
lot of space in the rear quaters of the vehicle, and is difficult to
incorporate.  But I enjoy the challenge!

I shall look forward to seeing the results on your webpage {:>)

Neil

Fredrik