 Technic / 1934
RE: Suspension
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:32:47 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner writes:
That sounds fun!  I expect that we will see LDraw'n images
shortly... ;-)

I hope it works :)  I've built two wheels with suspension now, so I'll try
to get it motorized and then add the rest of the frame, the articulation,
and the other wheels.

But how are you going to connect your custom wheels to the 8880
suspension?  It only supports the native 8880 wheels, unfortunately.

I'm not ;)  Instead I built a somewhat similar system: basically two
parallel parallelograms with the shocks attached to the sides.  A small box
holds the axle in place and attaches to the parallelograms.  Each wheel also
uses two universal joints to attach it to the differential.

I'll agree with you that central articulated steering is the way to
go. It makes the design much simpler.

The only difficulty will be how to incorporate the articulation into the
design of the model.  I guess the back end will only be the engine, while
the front will have the cockpit and living quarters.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/