 Technic / 1956
RE: Suspension
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 15:18:29 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Ah, yes!  A custom made independent suspension, much like the one on
8448 or 8865.  This approach will need no less than four universal
joints.  I think that it prevents the width of the vehicle from being
narrow, so I've never used this approach myself.  But if you're
making a large vehicle anyway, it shouldn't matter too much.

Yeah, in this case, wider = more impressive.

For an articulated model, I would suggest that you take a look at
8459, the large front loader.  It even has 4WD!

I've decided to make the model 2 wheel drive because I want room for some
interior details.  Time to go work on the model :)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/