 Technic / 15992
Re: Technicopedia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:40:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
For the part
introductions (and retirings), I am referring exclusively to their use in
Technic sets.  Some of the parts existed before Technic, but I introduce them as
new when they appear in a set for the first time.

I like your site, sofar and as other already have stated it looks very
promising.

But the principle about describing parts as new just because it is the first
time it is seen in a Technic-set I disagree with

In the description of the 856 Bulldozer you have this description of the Bucket
End part:

Bucket End
This isn't technically a Technic part, but had not been seen before, and
was only seen one more time in a Technic set.  It was unusual at this time
for LEGO to produce such a specialized part, since most parts still had a
wide range of possible functions.

I think that description is somewhat nonsense. Firstly that part had indeed been
seen before in quite a few sets and secondly it was not unusual for LEGO to
produce specialized parts at that time. For example, take a look at some of the
old train sets. They contains various specialized parts.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to see new additions to your site.