 Technic / 15976
Re: Technicopedia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:26:44 GMT

Hello Eric,

Eric Albrecht schreef:
In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:

Technicopedia
=============

Hello Eric,

A promising site!
Two little points nonetheless:

- " The 8 tooth gear is still in use, but the others have been replaced with
improved versions, or simply dropped (40 tooth gear)."
AFAIK the 40 tooth gear is alive and well! eg there is one in the NXT set...

- In 1977 parts image, you show the 1 axlehole 24 tooth gear that appeared much
later. Maybe you could try this part instead:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=3648a

Philo

Thanks for looking close enough to actually notice.

For the 40 tooth gear, I suppose I could have worded it better.  For the part
introductions (and retirings), I am referring exclusively to their use in
Technic sets.  Some of the parts existed before Technic, but I introduce them as
new when they appear in a set for the first time.  Likewise, I haven't seen a 40
tooth gear in a Technic set in a long time.  8479 had one as late as 1997.  But
you're right, it is still in production.

Have you seen the new 2008 sets, comming next Januari? The new
motorcycle does have the 40 tooth gear!
I have seen it on LEGO World... So it is still in use, even in Technic
sets...

About the tires:
In the Legofactory tour the guide told us the tires are not made of
rubber but from plastic!

Are you displaying model sets, or also the suplemental kits and motor boxes?
In 1977 there was already a moter set 870 and the a suppliment kit 871.

Greetings
Maico Arts
the Netherlands