 Technic / 15981
Re: Technicopedia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 03:48:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Maico Arts wrote:
Hello Eric,

Have you seen the new 2008 sets, comming next Januari? The new
motorcycle does have the 40 tooth gear!
I have seen it on LEGO World... So it is still in use, even in Technic
sets...

I have only seen some very high level pictures, not detailed enough to tell
which gears were used.  I am happy to hear the 40 tooth is back!  I'll have to
ammend my 1977 page.

About the tires:
In the Legofactory tour the guide told us the tires are not made of
rubber but from plastic!

There are various types of tires.  The old Technic tires were foam.  Some of the
other old LEGO tires were hard, flexible plastic that look like rubber.  I'm
quite sure that the big balloon tires actually are rubber.

Are you displaying model sets, or also the suplemental kits and motor boxes?
In 1977 there was already a moter set 870 and the a suppliment kit 871.

For the moment, I am concentrating on sets.  I am aware of the 870 motor set and
the 872 gearboxes, in fact they are sitting next to me right now!  The point of
the site was supposed to be to show the functions of the sets as originally
designed by LEGO.  The two supplemental sets in question (old 4.5V battery box,
motor, and gearboxes) were never actually officially used in a set.  Neither was
the 880 12V motor.  I may add them in a separate area in the future. I may also
eventually add some models from the idea books.  But I have plenty to do before
then!

Eric
blakbird