 Technic / 15982
Re: Technicopedia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 04:03:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Albrecht wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Maico Arts wrote:

Are you displaying model sets, or also the suplemental kits and motor boxes?
In 1977 there was already a moter set 870 and the a suppliment kit 871.

For the moment, I am concentrating on sets.  I am aware of the 870 motor set and
the 872 gearboxes, in fact they are sitting next to me right now!  The point of
the site was supposed to be to show the functions of the sets as originally
designed by LEGO.  The two supplemental sets in question (old 4.5V battery box,
motor, and gearboxes) were never actually officially used in a set.  Neither was
the 880 12V motor.  I may add them in a separate area in the future. I may also
eventually add some models from the idea books.  But I have plenty to do before
then!

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "official", but there were photographic
instructions in the 8860 chassis set on how to include 870 and 872 to provide
power. Yuo can view them starting here: http://www.peeron.com/scans/8860-1/35

I believe the yellow helicopter and the blue go-kart from the same period had
similar instructions.

ROSCO