 Technic / 14850
14849  |  14851
Subject:
Random Pneumatic idea/question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:10:46 GMT

You guys are smart.  I get lost reading your posts but can appreciate the genius
displayed in them.

Could pneumatics be used to pump a liquid?  I mean, you know how air pressure is
used in spray bottles/soap dispensors?  The moving air goes over a gap that is
the end of a verticle tube leading down into the liquid reservior.  Since there
is less pressure in a moving fluid (air in this instance), it draws the liquid
up the tube and out the sprayer.  Lets say someone wanted to build a tanker
truck (a non-lego air-tight chamber inside a Lego brick tank).  Could they use a
motorized or manual pump to spray the liquid in this fashion?  It shouldn't even
get the pneumatics wet.

I don't recall ever seeing this idea implemented before, but if it has been done
before- Jacub Mauer or Glen Bell may have done it.

Is this a good idea or am I crazy?  (I hope that last question does not open a
pandora's box of comments!)

Nathan