 Technic / 14870
Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:07:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:

  Speaking of liquids, Is it possible to replace the air in the pneumatic system
to make a hydraulic system. I mean by using...
Yes, the fourth port is an issue.  It is possible to hook multiple...

  Is it now? Hmmmmmm. How would one go about...

  An interesting thing has happened. after asking about how one sets up the
switches to access the fourth port, I decided to sit down and figure out how to
do it myself. Initial progress was slow and I don't have any pictures of it,
however, I was able to figure out how to do it...

Sorry if I'm a bother,
      Billy.

What makes you think you are a bother!  I'm having fun!

I beleive that the four switch/four T solution is what you need to create a
hydraulic motor.

The pressure+vaccume engine I posted earlier today could just as easily be a
hydraulic motor, because it is a completely closed system.

I came up with a single piston, four port switch hydraulic pump today too!

Push the piston to one extreme, flip the switch, push the piston the other way,
flip the switch...... repeat.

Yup, hydraulics are quite possible.  Good work!

I just got two of the four-port combo switches finished, so I can start on the
pressure+vaccume engine.

  That IS odd! And thank you for the reassurance. I have just completed
attaching a load to the pump. Basically I just copied my pump and used it as my
load. Using the pupm and alternating the valves and strokes, the load ram moved
outward as hoped. Apon reversing the load valves, and continuing my pumping
sequence, the load ram retracted, and I didn't once hear the valves release air.
Unfortunately I still don't have any pictures of my progress.
  I was wanting to create an auto switching device to make my circuit run
faster, however due to my limited collection of pneumatic parts, I ran out of
switches and I'm almost out of tubing and T pieces. Hopefully you can finish the
circuit in your engine. I'd like to see it when its finished.

Keep up the good work!

  Thank you.

Kev

  Billy.