 Technic / 14879
Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:17:52 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:
  Here we go. I finally got some pictures of my progress.

  The tank represents the load on the circuit.

  And this is with the ram for the load. I am very pleased to find that it
works.

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=14872

Its interesting to me too. Rather odd that the two separate problems, not only
came up at about the same time, (I asked about the hydraulics.) but that they
are directly related.

Billy.

  Having now made a hydraulic pump, I figured it was time to go to the next step
and make a compressor.

  This is the first working model. Again, the tank represents the load. I
decided to use the pump motor as the switch mechanism for my pump as well. That
way the entire function of the pump it contained in one simple system. It needs
more work though. Maybe someone else can modify the design or come up with a
better one. If you do, please let me know.
Also, I think I'm going to have to impliment an overflow resivoir into the
system so that the hoses don't blow off on the first pump.

  Billy.