 Technic / 14884
Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:41:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:
  Here we go. I finally got some pictures of my progress.

  The tank represents the load on the circuit.

  And this is with the ram for the load. I am very pleased to find that it
works.

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=14872

Its interesting to me too. Rather odd that the two separate problems, not only
came up at about the same time, (I asked about the hydraulics.) but that they
are directly related.

Billy.

  Having now made a hydraulic pump, I figured it was time to go to the next step
and make a compressor.

  This is the first working model. Again, the tank represents the load. I
decided to use the pump motor as the switch mechanism for my pump as well. That
way the entire function of the pump it contained in one simple system. It needs
more work though. Maybe someone else can modify the design or come up with a
better one. If you do, please let me know.
Also, I think I'm going to have to impliment an overflow resivoir into the
system so that the hoses don't blow off on the first pump.

You will undoubtedly have to bleed the air out of the system when you put in
your hydraulic fluid.  Otherwise the system won't perform as well.

Billy.

Kev

Yes, I was wondering what method should be used to bleed them successfully. The
clamp idea is a good one. My compressor is very basic. I don't have buggy
motors. To build the pressure/vac engine all you would have to do, I assume, is
split the lines going to the engine switch valves so that the engine switches in
sync with the pistons. Right? kind of like this...
http://www.fifth-r.com/cssoh1/control.htm
  Also, I'm wondering if, because of how slow the compressor may work, that two
cylinders should be linked together so that a larger volume of air/vac/oil could
be moved.
I'm trying to think of how to install a resivoir system for the hydraulic
concept. the problem I have is that, the over flow goes into a resivoir tank
right? and then cycles back to the pump. If that happens wouldn't the load
cylinders not recieve the proper propulsion force. If so, wouldn't you have to
make a pressure valve leading to the tank that would only open if the cylinder
absolutely couldn't lift the load?
  I'm a little confused right now and I'm going to have to lear a little more
about how a proper hydraulic system works. I'll also try to improve my
compressor design.

  Billy.