 Technic / 14856
Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
You guys are smart.  I get lost reading your posts but can appreciate the genius
displayed in them.

Could pneumatics be used to pump a liquid?  I mean, you know how air pressure is
used in spray bottles/soap dispensors?  The moving air goes over a gap that...

Hi Nathan,
  It is possible to make a sprayer using pneumatics.  Imagine how a super soaker
works.  You have a water tank, and an air pressure tank.  You pump...

  Speaking of liquids, Is it possible to replace the air in the pneumatic system
to make a hydraulic system. I mean by using something like, oh say, 10 WT
silicone oil?

  http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX3297&P=7

  I guess not since you can't complete the circuit because of the inability to
access the exhaust port on the valves or the intake on the pumps.

Yes, the fourth port is an issue.  It is possible to hook multiple switches to
give you access to the fourth port though.

  Billy.

Kevin