 Technic / 14851
Re: Crazy building moment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:15:28 GMT

Hi

Like Tommy Eriksson I have also decided to post a reply to this old thread.

I am in the process of trying to make LEGO fly but unlike Tommy, I am going for a small light powered glider that is catapulted from a Technic “ballista-like” affair that I have yet to build.

My current prototype weighs in at 15 grams and has two rubber band powered propellers. I find that I can achieve 5 seconds of spin with 100 turns of the propeller. I get more seconds with each propeller I add but I want the propellers to spin when the glider is launched and therefore they need to lie flat - so only one propeller.

I have posted some pictures of my progress and I have encouraged others on http://www.byggepladen.dk, the Danish LEGO enthusiasts club, to begin building/designing. If anyone else has any ideas or comments I would love to hear them. I want to use LEGO bricks and elements only with the exception of rubber bands.

Here is the folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154293 The prize shown is only for Byggepladen members and only if we achieve flight!

Chris