 Technic / 9803
Re: Crazy building moment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 06:38:23 GMT

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:HCo9tG.1zEv@lugnet.com...
"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:HCnKnF.2uz@lugnet.com...
when i think of lego plane
i have some problems (questions)

i can imagine the wings and the fuselage
but the propeller and the motor it is problem
the battery box or rcx is a little bit heavy

RCX is deffinitly too heavy. But just the 9v batterybox and an 4.5v electric
motor?
Propeller is still a problem with LEGO :(
Hope the LEGO company soon will produce a good propeller that can provide
enough thrust.

i hope TLC ppl are watching us :)) and they think about us
all gurus do this
i hope

how it will land beacause every crash will cause breaking bricks

Hihi  :)
Well I'll think about that later, first have to get it to fly...

good point to start
i heard the ancient story about chinesse man who was the first jet pilot
hi attached many fireworks to his chair and flew up
but hi missed the landing problem :)))

No, actually, the landing is no problem where I live at this time of the
year. We have lots of snow here, so the aircraft will have a soft landing.
Thats why I'm building it right now. We have the best weather just now, and
lots of fine white pouder-snow.

yeah i know that
every year my first ski crush makes me bleeding
so i afraid the snow doesn't give enough softness
but you are the snow master because of your living place :)

and the major problem is controlling!!!
Controll is a problem yes, but first step is to make an glider that goes in
a pre-set arc, then I can add things like an rubberband engine (that would
also work for a motor for thrust) that will change the steering in a
pre-"programmet" pattern. And THEN I hope I will get some ideas for
controll...

so you are going to start the glider from hand not from land?

But now I need a lots of Technic Axle 10 or 12 to get the wing to the needed
size. Wich set is out now that has the largest amount of axels ?
8431 looks promising, I need that set for other parts as well. Other sets?

see here
on the left side you can see how many a12 is where
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3708

best regards
pixel