 Technic / 9781
Re: Crazy building moment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:02:58 GMT

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:HCnKnF.2uz@lugnet.com...
when i think of lego plane
i have some problems (questions)

i can imagine the wings and the fuselage
but the propeller and the motor it is problem
the battery box or rcx is a little bit heavy

RCX is deffinitly too heavy. But just the 9v batterybox and an 4.5v electric
motor?
Propeller is still a problem with LEGO :(
Hope the LEGO company soon will produce a good propeller that can provide
enough thrust.

but let's say you will build the plane that could (will) work
how it will land beacause every crash will cause breaking bricks
bending axles and so on

Hihi  :)
Well I'll think about that later, first have to get it to fly...

No, actually, the landing is no problem where I live at this time of the
year. We have lots of snow here, so the aircraft will have a soft landing.
Thats why I'm building it right now. We have the best weather just now, and
lots of fine white pouder-snow.

and the major problem is controlling!!!
Controll is a problem yes, but first step is to make an glider that goes in
a pre-set arc, then I can add things like an rubberband engine (that would
also work for a motor for thrust) that will change the steering in a
pre-"programmet" pattern. And THEN I hope I will get some ideas for
controll...

But now I need a lots of Technic Axle 10 or 12 to get the wing to the needed
size. Wich set is out now that has the largest amount of axels ?
8431 looks promising, I need that set for other parts as well. Other sets?

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix