 Technic / 9775
Re: Crazy building moment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 06:56:02 GMT

when i think of lego plane
i have some problems (questions)

i can imagine the wings and the fuselage
but the propeller and the motor it is problem
the battery box or rcx is a little bit heavy

but let's say you will build the plane that could (will) work
how it will land beacause every crash will cause breaking bricks
bending axles and so on

and the major problem is controlling!!!

pixel

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:HCMBz2.Ktr@lugnet.com...

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
hey guys
is plastic film (bag) permited
i know i probably ask for it but... i forgot
so the question is
is "as pure lego as possible" still pure lego if we use plastic bag
if not the second question is how to build kite
it is impossible if lego doesn't produce plastic film for all purpouses
i think the same issue is with vesels

pixel

I can not see any other way then using some plastic film of some sort.
And I'm sure that using only bricks and plates on a LEGO airplane will make
it TOO heavy to get any sort of lift, even if it is a glider I think it only
would glide for about 10cm  :)
Maybe if the plane had 50m wingspan. What is the weight of an 8x16LEGO
plate, and what is the weight of an aluminium-sheet in the same size that is
been used in real airplane?

Like the hoovercraft Pixel and I built, that can not be done without the
plastic film.

If I had a lot of LEGO plastic bags I could use that. But those few I have
are verry small.
If I use a big plastic bag like the one you get in the shops to have the big
LEGO sets in, where it is stamped LEGO on it, would that count as real LEGO
?  :)

I go for the "as pure LEGO as possible".
On the airplane there is going to be a lot of plastic film....

The idea for an airplane came up when fidling with the film on the
ultralight construction of the hoovercraft, I realised that an airplane was
possible to make.
I have an model glider airplane made of plastic that is Radio Controlled and
the weight of the wings of that plane are not far from the LEGO wing I made
so far...
A few modifications (and investment in a few LEGO sets wit lots of long
axels (Technic Axel 12)) and then I'm ready to put in an motor too  :)

For they who do not believe that making an motorized LEGO airplane is
possible; have you heard what people said about the Wright brothers
aircraft?    ;)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes