 Technic / 11779
Re: Connecting New Cylinders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:23:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan MacIntyre wrote:
Hello

I am trying to connect two of the new form factor cylinders back-to-back. Does
any one have any ideas? I wish only to use lego parts.

Thanks

Hi Jonathan,
  Here is a second version. The gaps between two back to back are not nice
integral stud lengths.  This makes it a pain.  It turns out that the larger of
the two gaps is the pretty close to the distance between the outer edges of
studs on a 1x2 brick.

Using this I came up with this more combersome design with better axial
alignment.  Obviously you can use better sized axles and pins.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Pistons/pc090048.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Pistons/pc090049.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/Pistons/pc090050.jpg

Kevin