 Technic / 11814
Re: Connecting New Cylinders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:56:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski wrote:

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:Hq36E4.1q4v@lugnet.com...
Of course if you could use the thin liftarm it would be better, but I think the
wide liftarm is also an elegant solution :)

ROSCO

no doubt it is

i thought thin liftarm with piston vents inside axleholes
could join pistons better (stronger)
but wide liftarm is a very good solution

I think I'd be worried that bending forces when operating the cylinders could
cause the thin liftarm to snap the inlet. At least with the wide liftarm, the
forces would be carried by a substantially larger area, and with the hose also
providing a little "cushion".

ROSCO