 Technic / 11555
Re: New MOCs: 2 Large Cranes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:59:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, James Loewen wrote:
   These are really impressive. The thing that impresses me the most is getting something as large as these cranes to support their own weight, let alone lift anything, being as large as they are. I wonder how many parts the MSG 50 uses :) Excellent work, and thanks for sharing with everyone.

Thanks! It is sometimes surprizing what these parts are capable of. But with good building techniques and proper designs, tall cranes (and many other large structures) are possible. Of course they do have their limits, and that must be respected :-)

I wish I knew the part count for the MSG 50. From disassembling it, I can guess that it’s well over 5000. Perhaps even 10000? Let’s settle on about 7500 ;-) That feels about right. Too many anyways. It takes too long to sort something this size- another drawback to a large MOC.

best,
TJ