 Technic / 11543
Re: New MOCs: 2 Large Cranes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 01:03:00 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Thomas Avery wrote:
   Once in a long while I get the privilege of announcing a new MOC. Today, I’m announcing two! Presenting:

MSG 50 Containerised Lifting Device
-A 15 foot tall model of the real MSG 50 crane operated by Mammoet.

Tower Crane
-A 8.5 foot tall model of a tower crane.

These cranes were finished this summer. The MSG 50 is the one that crashed at the LEGO Roadshow stop in Dallas last June. The full story is documented on the webpage. The tower crane was a reincarnation of the MSG 50, and a quick build for Brickfest this past summer.

Enjoy!

best regards,
TJ Avery

p.s. Please help me, I’m addicted to building cranes and I can’t stop! :-)

These are really impressive. The thing that impresses me the most is getting something as large as these cranes to support their own weight, let alone lift anything, being as large as they are. I wonder how many parts the MSG 50 uses :) Excellent work, and thanks for sharing with everyone.

-jrl