 Technic / 10843
Re: A better full adder!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:31:43 GMT

Mark Tarrabain wrote:
When A and C are both high, A+C will therefore be low, so the left
piston will be down.  So the bottommost switch on the left piston will
already be down to receive A&B and produce a carry out.  If only one of
A and C are high, the left piston will be up, so the left bottom switch
and the switch above it will be up and therefore be ready to receive
whatever B happens to be, which again must be the carry.

Oops... after rereading what I wrote, I see made a typo there, and I can
see how it could be very, very confusing.

What I meant to say was that the bottommost switch on the left piston
will already be down to receive A & _C_, which is high and will produce
a carry out.