 Technic / 10817
Re: A better full adder!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:36:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Great job Mark!  Isn't it great when those optimizations just hit you?

It sure is. Thanks.

Using the same pattern (setting up specific switches "backwards"), I can
do a half adder with two pistons and 4 switches (2 switches on each
piston).  Again, no need for inter-piston bracing, just the requirement
that a piston simultaneously slide all the switches attached to it.

Finally I can compete again! ;^)

I can do a half adder with 1 piston and seven switches, plus you get dual
polarity pressure.  Three switches for AND and four for XOR.  This says that I
can do single pressure logic line with one piston and three switches.

I've really been enjoyng the comradere and subtle competition, but in particular
the idea exchange over the last month or so.  I'm glad you joined the discussion
(well probably more like monolog ;^)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/markt1964/halfadder.jpg

Mark

Kevin