 Technic / 10830
Re: A better full adder!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:30:24 GMT

Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Yeah... after my first round of pneumatic trials failed abysmally, I
tossed the idea of using or requiring inverted logic.

But with LEGO pneumatics you can typically get it for free.

Not sure what you mean.  If an output isn't producing any airflow, how
do you invert that?

BTW, I've been wracking my brains on this for several hours now, I can't
figger out how you possibly could have built a full adder with only 3
pistons and 8 switches.  I even tried some really *REALLY* bizarre
setups that I can't even be sure would actually work (they depend on the
physical properties of the switches and pistons themselves, not on any
logic), where I make an XOR gate from one piston, one switch, and one
rubber band, but still couldn't beat that (by beat I mean in terms of
dollars... using $1.50 for a switch and $6 for a piston as my base).

Darn!

Oh well... at least my AND gate was useful...  :)

Stick a fork in me... I'm done.