 Technic / *8991 (-20)
  Re: How real should it be?

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:28:04 GMT, Fredrik =?iso-8859-1?q?Gl=F6ckner?= <fredrigl@math.uio.no> wrote: <<snip>> (...) I kind of like problem solving but if my solution proves not to work in a later stage in building I get very disappointed and wont (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC needs more competitors!

(...) Hm... Can't see why not :) But as you say _has_ existed, I've stolen the motors from it. (...) Download my picture and put it in your BS-folder with the .dat-file so I only need to do one link and I'll put it in. A short description in a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How real should it be?

I admit that I have encountered the same feeling(s). I am actually relieved to hear that others have as well. As a programmer by trade, I find building to be quite exciting and relaxing (and challenging)... all of which are good. However, I am used (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How real should it be?

Making a model that will "do something" is my challenge. The saying "If you cannot solve the problem, change the problem." is the basis for my building. This requires a lot of rebuilding to achieve a design that will perform according to your (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC needs more competitors!

(...) heh, it just occured to me that "Motec" means, in Hebrew, "Sweetheart", "Honey", etc... :) Dan XFUT lugnet.off-topic.fun (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How real should it be?

(...) I can certainly relate to your experiences. I, too, like to use LEGO as a means for relaxing and getting my mind off work and everyday's trivialities. However, I suppose I like problem solving. So when I build with LEGO, I like to experiment (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How real should it be?

I know the problem, and sometime I just forget about it, and take a the photos when the cylinders are in the current position I want them to be. The mainproblems I struggle with are the boggilift e.g when the air goes out, the axle drops down, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC needs more competitors!

(...) I wouldn't mind entering your build of my bulldozer design. I think this should be legal as the finished model has actually physically existed. Also the finished product was 100% my design save for the light on the top and the small bonnet (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  SSPP power suggestion...

Hi! I'm still thinking about Ross's way cool power source in his Single Set Power Puller ( (URL) ) and I got a crazy (?) thought, How much power can you get from making a lever-powered creation? If you connected a tall lever-thingie to the drive (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New entries in Lego Contest.

(...) Cool! Any pictures? /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  How real should it be?

Hi! I constantly forget that LEGO, after all, is a toy and get disappointed when I can't get the realism of real world applications done with LEGO. It's most often the pneumatics that have too short stroke and/or streanght. The motion envelope get's (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  MoTeC needs more competitors!

FUT lugnet.technic Hi! I realize it's not much time left with all the competitions currently running but I'd still like to see more then two entries fro this months MoTeC (Monthly Technic Creation)! I'll add one myself so it's three but I bet you (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build.contests)

  Need Instruction Scans - Trike Buggy (set 1257 or 3000)

Been doing a little hobby project of making as many Technic motorcycles as I have parts for. One that I do not own but am trying to recreate from the box (bag?) artwork/pic is the Trike Buggy, set #1257 (or #3000 as the Kabaya Promotional Set: Trike (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

I've been pretty busy lately. The following represents about two months of work and it's all stuff I built for the recent TEXLUG meeting. For the 2002 TOWN contest: D Large buildings (URL) Row Buildings 3 small connected office buildings. N Bridges (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !

  New entries in Lego Contest.

I just built a small 4-wheel drive vehicle. It weighs a mere 12 ounces and it lifted 14 1/2 ounces. That's 120% of it's own weight. I more than doubled my original lift from my first vehicle I built. So dust off those creations and hook up the juice (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Lego Contest for Technic Builders.

Don't you have any heavier classes? (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Happy St Patrick's Day Matoran

Low bandwidth (URL) (but why, really?): (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Spectrum as source of Technic Spares

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) (URL) mpSearchCode=SP> (...) ummm, is that US funds or Canadian cause if it's Canadian then those prices are really cheap. my 0.02USD mike "new job" fusion (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Truss Joint Construction Details

(...) Well of course! I'm not that crazy ;-) (...) They're my wife's weights, but believe me, if you lift those things a hundred times they do get pretty heavy :-) TJ (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Lego Contest for Technic Builders.

(...) Interesting! Do you think you could include metric values as well? 1 lb = ~0.453592 kg 1 oz = ~0.028350 kg I can work the math myself but it would be far more easy to have the metric values handy at the page :) I have to see if I have them (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact