 Technic / *18506 (-20)
  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) Yes, the IRLink can control the PF IR receiver. For instance, here is autonomous Bulldozer sumo, using only slightly modified stock kits "driven" by NXTs: (URL) I seem to recall someone indicating they couldn't (...) I believe you can, (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) greetings, the ability to control the PF ir link via the NXT has been confirmed ? I seem to recall someone indicating they couldn't control the new RC train motors via the PF IR controller. I personally think this would be an advantage so you (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I second that what you say w/regard to pneumatics. As for colors, it is no - and never has been a - big deal to mold parts in different colors. I should be very surprised if TLC would break their own color schemes just for the sake of saving a (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) strict on themselves and their color schemes. It may not even be the final box shot. Let's see what happens. And as far as my two cents are worth on the new actuators, I'm not impressed. They look like a real pain to model with (getting drive (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Braiding Machine

Good for you, I always wanted to build something like that eversince I was taught how to braid. So.. I guess you could say I've been thinking of doing it for 25 years. ;) "Thomas Johnson" <rsthj@uaf.edu> wrote in message (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Braiding Machine

Greetings All, I built a three strand braiding machine that can be seen here: (URL) a video can be seen here: (URL) pleased with the results and hope you enjoy it. Regards, Tom (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I can't beleive it. Lego are so cheap they haven't even changed the colour of the hubs! They're still yellow, which isn't even a Misson to Mars colour as far as I know. I was looking forward to some grey hubs for other applications. (URL) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:Ju8yBD.IqJ@lugnet.com... (...) Unless I'm mistaken, and you're talking about rewiring the PF/NXT connectors, I do not see that a NXT-to9V convertor cable could directly power more than one PF (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) Ah, OK. I found it over on Eurobricks. That is a nice looking Mars tank, with the big hubs for the new treads too. Very welcome. (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I might have guessed - actually using IR for communications is a better idea than many people seem to think. I've already had my share of playing around with IR on the RCX ;) (...) I call that an interesting and entirely sensible approach - (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I saw it this morning by following some links but I can't find it again. :-( (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) Simply put, I'll wait until I get to play with them to judge them. It's a little hard for me to form a realistic opinion based on a couple of boxcover pictures near the limit of resolution. (...) Actually, you're partially mistaken. The NXT (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

Hi Fernando, thanks for the update - I'm afraid I am somewhere between feelings on these new sets. For one, I agree with all who think that replacing real pneumatics with anything lookalike is not exactly the way to go. I shall be curious about the (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I'd pretty much agree with that appraisal, it looks like the Telehandler doesn't even self level, which is the whole point. Unless the liner actuators have metal bearings their gonna stink. My pessimistic side says this is just another money (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

Yes, I would prefer real pneumatic cylinders too! And longer like these. It seems a way to enable "easy" motorization of these elements, instead of developing a new PF pneumatic valve electrically controlled. Perhaps also a cheaper approach... I (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) However now that I have seen them I am quite dissapointed and I can't see me buying any of them. It is very good to see them investing in new part designs but this is such a cop out. If they had longer pneumatics (powered by air) then that (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) See my PREVIEW analysis at (URL) (Conchas) (URL) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic) !

  8479 Code Pilot Barcode Analysis and Code Sheet

Dr. Soubhi Sabbagh contacted me recently to get information on Code Pilot, and collecting various sources he was able to analyse and create a PDF code sheet. " So, I decided to study the bar code algorithm and I co-operated with www.dlsoft.com until (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.codepilot, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Theo Jansen style LEGO Walker

(...) Very nice implementation, with very flat orbit of leg tip! Kudos for the use of bent liftarms to get fractional beam lengths... Philo (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Another Theo Jansen style LEGO Walker

(...) Good point. I've only seen the Jansen "strandbeest" walkers go in a straight line. (Seems dangerous for a beach cerature to have no way to avoid walking into the water ;-) In my design, the connection between the left and right halves of the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact