 Technic / *15421 (-20)
  Re: TJ's 10 Story Crane

(...) Ah, finally! Someone noticed my new crane :-) I missed everyone this year! Sorry I couldn't make it, but rest assured, I'm still in the crane-building business. -TJ (stuck in Houston) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?

(...) In my Injection Molding Factory I have built the equivalent of an electrically operated 3-way spool valve. It's expensive. I spent much time trying to simple it up, but a 3-way valve is not easy. Look here: (URL) the same page there is a cute (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  SHOTTLE!

Are you a minifig who dreams of the stars, but is stuck living on a down-to-earth budget? "Why, yes, I am!" Are you tired of spending your hard-earned credits booking passage on noisy and uncomfortable inter-planetary public transportation? "Boy, am (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?

(...) Sounds cool -- that's the sort of thing I had in mind, though I couldn't find solenoid valves for less than $70 or so, which is just too much. A reasonable price in my book would be something like $10 per valve, or if it's already adapted for (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?

(...) I've always thought a valve with similar form factor to a large cylinder, that works like a steam engine valve (URL) would be really nice. It would probably have significantly less resistance than a standard LEGO valve, and more importantly, (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?

(...) I got thinking about this. My first thought was to use a worm gear and a slip gear to pinch and unpinch the tube. This would probably work, but would not give you what you want. You need a valve that will exhaust the flow to a different path (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?

(...) What do you feel is a reasonable price? In the next week or two I should have the first prototype built of a pair of commercial solenoid valves adapted for LEGO/RCX usage. They'll be 9v, and around 1.1 watts. It will be 2 3-way valves, one for (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  TJ's 10 Story Crane

Since TJ could not attend Brick Fest 04 this year, he send his new crane for display. It was so large we had to set it up in a vacant lot down the street from Rocklands so we could compliment it from the patio. (URL) e (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?

(...) How about one operated by folding or bending the pnematic tube itself (the same way you can kink a garden hose to turn it off temporarily while waiting for your sister to come around the corner of the house and... oh, never mind). I suspect (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  electric pneumatic valve actuators?

I've been thinking a lot lately about electrically activated (as opposed to manual) pneumatic valves. I've seen several designs on the net where someone has taken a regular LEGO manual valve, and attached a motor. That's clever, but I'm wondering if (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

Hello, A very simple way to produce an elliptical motion is to start with a circular motion and use a lever system to increase the travel on one axis but not the other. Here are a couple of links to some walkers I've made as illustrations: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Review: 8436 Truck

(...) Heheheh. When I wrote the review 1999 was nostalgic enough for me, even though I do have two sets (8855,56) from 1990s. I must be in my second life. :) Keith (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) as used in the legs of the [LEGOSet 9754] I have reproduced a basic version: (URL) ROSCO (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message news:I2x55x.Dt6@lugnet.com... (...) to my (...) this (...) some multiple joins allow to create what you want there are many examples how to create sophisticated moves using joined vectors (for me they (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) In a stange tie in, I remember seeing a elliptical lathe on an episode of the New Yankee Workshop (a PBS woodworking show). A quick google search turned (no pun intended) up the following: (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) question at any of them, as far as I can see. Could you elaborate on how this applies? Thanks, - Joe (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(URL) regards pixel (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) Ah, I see. The pivot point must be free to slide on the arm (er, vice versa) as well. I think that's the key bit I was missing last night. (...) devices in my Technic models. Best, - Joe (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) (rather than operated by hand) will be nontrivial. But should be possible. Thanks for the pointer! Best, - Joe (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatic help

(...) Hi Vineet, I'll see if I can help. Your desciption "control four pneumatic pistons individually, and simultaneously having them controlled by one master switch" does not seem to match the second diagram. The primary reason is that you have (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact