 Technic / 13076
Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:27:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Joe Strout wrote:

Ideas that have come to mind:

- A pinch valve made by pinching shut a pneumatic tube with
  a wheel or lever attached to a motor

   How about one operated by folding or bending the pnematic tube itself (the
same way you can kink a garden hose to turn it off temporarily while waiting for
your sister to come around the corner of the house and... oh, never mind). I
suspect trying to push down on it hard enough is going to be very tough, but
folding it takes much less force, and (should?) provide a tight enough seal. The
only problem here is timing is unlikely to be precise.

--
Brian Davis