 Technic / 13080
Re: electric pneumatic valve actuators?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:21:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jon Gilchrist wrote:
"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote:
Have you seen any of these, or something else entirely, to control the flow of
air with standard LEGO 9V electronics?

Now you've got me thinking.  I wonder if I could make a pump or
cylinder into a valve....

I've always thought a valve with similar form factor to a large cylinder, that
works like a steam engine valve
http://home.new.rr.com/trumpetb/loco/rodsmall.gif would be really nice. It would
probably have significantly less resistance than a standard LEGO valve, and more
importantly, provides "sink" outputs, making closed circuits much easier. I have
no idea why LEGO doesn't produce something like this, but I guess there's no
reason some enterprising AFOL couldn't ;)

ROSCO