 Technic / 13067
Re: How to get non-circular movements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:26:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote:

   Have an arm attached off-center on a gear, running through a fixed pivot
point (that is free to rotate!). As the main gear rotates, the distance between
the driven end of the arm and the pivot point changes as the off-center
attatchment point moves closer and further from the fixed pivot.

Ah, I see.  The pivot point must be free to slide on the arm (er, vice versa) as
well.  I think that's the key bit I was missing last night.

http://www.brockeng.com/mechanism/index.htm

Thank you, that's a very helpful link!  I'm sure I'll have many uses for those
devices in my Technic models.

Best,
- Joe