 Technic / *12361 (-20)
  Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) If it's parts, then don't ask for sets and ask for accessory packs. If saying "Not the 8466!" cause it doesn't contain such 'n such piece, then ask for such 'n such piece in an accessory pack. If you want to build cool creations (and we all do (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) I don't want a car, I never said I did, I only buy sets for the great parts and then build my own thing. I just want to build cool vehicles with driven steer axles. I also have no experience of the 8448, although I know I hate the wheel trims. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) <snip> (...) I'd rather have the 8466 over the 8880, even with the green panels--the 8880 is pretty neat, but overly complicated and doesn't have near the suspension 'out of the box' that the 8466 does. I find that if you want a car, the 8448 (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Vertical lift spans (was: Re: drawbridge

Well put Ben. I have seen Ben's steel bridge (and helped re-rig the cables to the pulleys after a minor anomaly), and I can attest that it is truely one of the finest LEGO bridges in the AFOL community, or in the world for that matter. It is very (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

I've just had another idea (...) The next time their is a poll to choose which set should be re-released why not have an advocate for each potential set. Each advocate could be drawn from the Afol community and state their case for why their chosen (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Truss Design Programs

I've made available two Excel spreadsheets that aid in the design of trusses. All details are explained on the webpage: (URL) programs can be used to size the members of trusses. They have their limitations, and do not cover all types of trusses, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !

  Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) The only thing that would make those parts useful to me would be a Lego recycling machine set on beam. (Is it possible to recycle worn Lego?) I think people would much sooner have the 8880 which had a much superior 4x4 mechanism and could be (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead tothe 8466 4x4 off-roader

(...) Others may not agree, since S@H has had to put it on 50% clearance twice to clear out inventory. I too think it is a great parts set, except... (...) You're the first person I've seen that likes the pea soup puke green. There's a reason why (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Jamocklaquat

Wow Eric, That's really amazing. Will he walk? :) -Anne (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Dear Lego, please do whatever business thingo you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader

That set has been, IMHO, (next to the 8431 Crane Truck re-issue) the best "really big" technic set in recent years (mindstorms doesnt count as technic) The 8466 has so many good attributes: 1.a fair few studded beams, including the (exclusive to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego orrery (mechanical solar system)

"Thomas Johnson" <aklego@mac.com> wrote in message news:HE4DMA.1Eqy@lugnet.com... (...) cause i said something without any knowledge about the current state of the orrery i missed that the moon's orbit's not coaxial with the earth's one but as i (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vertical lift spans (was: Re: drawbridge

(...) OK, this is similar, but first take a walk down to the local auto repair shop and see if you can look at a 'cats cradle' type auto hoist. Here is my description. It involves one string to lift one end of the span and another string, which is (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) I used a single motor, with all cables being passed above the top of the span to get to the far side (4 cables). One trick that I would do if I was building another one is to make the cable drums easier to adjust to one another, since they (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 2003 Technic sets on S@H

(...) They do indeed have new pieces (to almost everyone). During my frenzied visit to the Toy Fair showroom, I spotted what I believed to be a new Technic piece (though I later found out that it's available in at least one Spybotics set). It's a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Vertical lift spans (was: Re: drawbridge

Not sure where to chime in, so I'll jump in here. Regarding the lifting of vertical lift spans: I've built many of these over the years and my latest version (yet to be published on the internet) takes advantage of an engineering survey done on one (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) I believe your are right Steven, if two identical motors were connected in an identical way they would run at the same speed provided they had identical loads. But nothing in this physical world is identical and that is why stepper motors and (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) Yes, roger that. I get it :-) I can easily write a sheet to do that. Actually, I have one! But it's geared towards an arched bridge with suspended deck. I'll get these sheets to the public soon! -TJ (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) well since i was basing my theory of working with stereos and lights on my car, you have the uperhand...lol (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

That might very well almost hold true (I am no expert) if your motors were hooked up like: [power]--------[moto...---[motor] (parallel circuit) But I have mine hooked up like: [motor]--------[powe...---[motor] (parallel circuits) I assume one motor (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego orrery (mechanical solar system)

(...) Apologies are not necessary--I agree that the moon mechanism is unsightly and I am looking for ways to clean it up for the nine planet version. Unfortunately (for orrery makers) the moon's orbit and earth's axis of rotation are not coaxial. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact