 Storage / 911
Re: Drawers vs tilt-bins and scratching?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 22:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I agree about drawers, i don't use them and would find them maddening as
well. Where I went wrong is that much of my larger parts are in the shoebox
bins which I keep vertically stacked (nested) on shelving. I am constantly
going and getting parts out of them, stacking and restacking. Big waste of
time. But in order to have all of them spread out around me, it would
require 2-300 square feet of table space. So still not workable. Vertical
*is* the way to go. Just not the way I went.

I do the same with the larger parts...the vertical nesting stacks. I have to
do the same, always running to the shelfs. Drives me nuts. I also have about
twenty Plano thin, clear boxes (with lids) for the smaller parts. That
helps, but still always running back and forth to get the appropriate parts.

My biggest problem is my small apartment in NYC that *requires* I put
everything away when I am done building. Oh to have an empty basement!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL