 Storage / 912
Re: 2 x4 brick down drain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 22:38:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
One  2 x4 brick escaped my collander  to go down the drain in my bathroom
sink.  Has anyone else had this experience?  My sink has not slowed- yet...
Will it just flush on through?    Is this going to cause me problems later?
I am not looking forward to at some future date having to confess this to my
husband.

A 2x4 is large and pointy, compared to drain pipes (a lot of which are 1.5"
or 2" I.D. and that's before grease/hair etc narrow them, so it depends on
how long and or twisty the run is. I'd check the trap now while there is a
chance it's still there rather than having it lodge somewhere else later and
causing backups.

ABS being rugged the way it is, Drano isn't likely to dissolve it without
damaging the pipe.

Fess up, take your lumps now. Or just call Rotorooter(tm) while he's at the
ballgame?? :-)

I must admit I was surprised to see this posted to .storage!!! Although I
guess you can say you were "storing" your brick in the drainpipe. :-)