 Storage / 918
Re: 2 x4 brick down drain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 03:08:16 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
sheree rosenkrantz wrote:

One  2 x4 brick escaped my collander  to go down the drain in my bathroom
sink.  Has anyone else had this experience?  My sink has not slowed- yet...
Will it just flush on through?    Is this going to cause me problems later?

Are you sure it's not in the trap?

yeah, pretty sure.  A lot of water has gone down the drain since then.
What makes it so bad is that the drain was slow this morning, Gary  plunged
it - all the while,  he teased me that it was probably a brick down the
drain.  It wasn't then, it was just a build up of gunk.  I could still see
gunk in the drain after it was running okay so I put one of those foam bio
cleaners down it to finish the job.  It was wonderful, running better than
it had in ages.  Made it such a breeze to wash bricks.  Big bricks in a
collander and fast water, no stopper... a fool's folly...

I am not looking forward to at some future date having to confess this to my
husband.

lol. Just start with, "Honey, I lost something down the drain..."  He'll
have visions of a diamond down there.

No diamond to lose, but I did tell him.  He read my face and knew something
was on my mind.  After looking at the sink drain, he quietly concluded it
was most likely past the trap  and I should be a bit more careful.  Then he
reminded me of a small 2" test tube he lost down the other bathroom drain.
What a guy...  However, I do think I might wait a day or so before asking
about the NC people meeting here.  :-)

sheree

-Suz.