 Storage / *1230 (-20)
  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I had a sort of revelation a few weeks ago after finishing construction of my LEGO building table. I'm not too proud to admit that I'd had enough of sitting on the floor to build and was ready to give in and use a chair. For the time being I'm (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Good question... but why restict to "sit"? :-) I tend to take the most awkward positions when building, as my parents have noticed. Usually I restrict to sitting on the floor like most people do (doh!), but numerous times I have leaned myself (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  What do you sit on when you build?

What do you sit on when you build? We recently moved into a place that has hardwood floors, and now that I have space to start building again, I find that my feet get really sore if I sit cross-legged too long. (Big surprise, huh?) I used a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) I liked Tom's bin rack idea, but it was the stacks of _buckets_ that I kept tipping over. So I built a rack to hold them. The rack holds a total of 24 buckets, each of which can be slid into its own cubby without disturbing any of the others (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) Tom, If you don't mind could you supply some more measurements and any other information that would be helpfull in building one. Thanks Mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) I have been meaning to post dimensions and materials for quite some time now, but I have just not gotten around to it. They are made of poplar wood (nominal 1x2s; .75"x1.5") held together with wood glue and 1.25" wood screws. They stack and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Storage

On brickshelf Abe Friedman posted these pictures of the WAMALTC Meeting @ Tom Cook House - November 23, 2002: (URL) Tom or anyone else shed some light on the construction and materials of these. They are a great idea and would like to make somehing (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Portable Bot Factory

I've always loved the idea of building something from a limited supply of parts. Over a year ago I bought a decent sized Plano tackle box. I filled this with parts for weekend car trips where I knew I would get bored or have free time: (URL) my (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.storage) !!

  Re: Silly storage question

First off Larry "Just say no to crack", secondly I am also of the school of thought that says store your bricks unattatched. I have found that standard bricks actually will stack very nicely, even unattatched if they are bound in a tight spot. I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Perfect" Technic little bits storage at Costco

Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:H5Dpq0.GLL@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) It (...) fill (...) Zag are great. most of my LEGO is in these guys (URL) draw dividers occaionally annoy me by jumping out, mixing 1x1 plates but apart (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) Well, I went back last nite and dug in my 1x2 bin to the very bottom where I had the last few stacks of 1x2s that I put together in 1998. I took some apart. Much to my dismay, some of them have cracks! Not just stretching but actual cracks on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) I have never heard such claims as this before but I find it perfectly ridiculous. Why be worried about something that may never happen and will likely not matter if it does happen? Store your parts whatever way works for you based on how you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: "Perfect" Technic little bits storage at Costco

Zag makes a good product. I use one of their larger storage bins for my building selection of basic bricks: (URL) can deep link, Tom. see?) It's larger than what you're describing, but I LOVE the removable bins. It allows me to just pull an empty (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  "Perfect" Technic little bits storage at Costco

I was browsing Costco yesterday, and found a set of 3 storage containers in the tool section. They are thin, only about 2-3" deep, but the key is, rather than having a bottom that has lots of dividers, it is a bottom/hinged top filled with tons of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) Indeed it is. This overall theme of how to store things is a perennial question, and I suspect that there are those that tire of it, but I for one always enjoy hearing different perspectives on it. Don't worry that you're obsessing over (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) I tend to fall into the "better safe than sorry" camp. That is, I personally like to keep most of my bricks apart. Though I must admit that I have a couple things that have been together for the better part of a year now. However, the vast (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Silly storage question

(...) Yes, it is. There are conflicting opinions about this. I have heard that keeping things together means the bricks deform slightly and get looser. I have some 1x2s I put together in 1998 to store them that I just took apart and some of them do (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Silly storage question

Hi everyone, I was sorting my pieces and wanted to store away 1x2 and 1x4 log bricks; I don't have to many of them, but I find them very useful so I wanted to give them their own little storage cabinet plastic drawer. I noticed I had 'a bit too (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Dimensions of IRIS carts (warning! vitriolic rant!)

I want to leave a smoking crater where the corporate gorgon lives who decided that IRIS shelves should have different models that look EXACTLY alike, yet have ZERO compatability with the units I already have. I'm now going to have to return two of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Bought my first Plano StowAway

Well, I finally did it. I found the main storage medium I want to use. The Plano StowAway are nice to use. I bought 1 (3730) and brought it home and sorted a couple of technic parts, I was in love. Then I went back and bought 4 more (3730s). and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact