 Storage / 1213
1212  |  1214
Subject:
Silly storage question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:53:15 GMT

Hi everyone,

I was sorting my pieces and wanted to store away 1x2 and 1x4 log bricks; I
don't have to many of them, but I find them very useful so I wanted to give
them their own little storage cabinet plastic drawer.  I noticed I had 'a
bit too many' of the 1x2 to fill a small drawer, but I found it such a waste
to use up a medium sized drawer for them.

And then I got the idea of instead putting them in the drawer all separated
(so that you had a pile of single bricks), I put them together, making
little constructions of 13 1x2 bricks stuck on top of each other.  This
allowed me to stuff them more closely together in the drawer.  As a result I
have a drawer only filled for two-thirds because I put the bricks together
instead of keeping each piece separately.

But a friend of mine (who's also busy finding a way to store his bricks) was
concerned whether this was 'healthy' for the bricks to store them away all
put together.

So here's my silly question : Is it wise to store away the bricks put
together in order to save space? Or is it recommended that during storage
all the bricks are not mounted on each other?

Personally I don't think it can do any harm, as there are people who build
models and keep them together for several years, and to me that's "storage
with bricks put together" too...

Many thanks,

Carl