 Storage / 1212
Re: Dimensions of IRIS carts (warning! vitriolic rant!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:50:37 GMT

I want to leave a smoking crater where the corporate gorgon lives who
decided that IRIS shelves should have different models that look EXACTLY
alike, yet have ZERO compatability with the units I already have.  I'm now
going to have to return two of the units I bought today (I smashed a drawer
on the third one in my frustration) because they are useless for this very
reason.  Not only do they have different lengths, so they cannot be stacked
on the ones I have, but the drawers on the new shelves have pre-molded
locking tabs that are unremoveable unless you have a Dremel handy (another
change from the original, which had a superior system that gave you the
option of tabs or no).  I can't find these anywhere, which makes no sense
since they are far better than the new kind, which suck like the vacuum of
space.

I'm boiling mad that this descrepancy in their shelving is in no way
detectable to the consumer and I find it absurd that I will now have to
carry a drawer with me in order to ensure that the ones I buy will fit.  The
fact that the IRIS company has made this change without any notification
whatsoever makes me want cuddle a semiautomatic under the chin of the CEO
who made this decision and convince him to change it back.

The fact that these cheapo all-plastic units are $30 a pop and probably cost
30 cents to make doesn't help either.

Dave (still seething.  Sorry, but it's been a bad day)