 Star Wars / 8573
Re: 2001 Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:36:30 GMT

Well, I'll just mention a few scenes that had Stormtroopers in them and if they
happen to be scenes that might be made into Lego sets at some point in the
future, so be it...

:)

1) Stormtoopers tracked down the Escape Pod on Tatooine while looking for
droids.

Yeah, but wouldn't the Escape Pod be a pretty small set, say around $5.99?
That would probably mean it'd include a maximum of 2 characters, &
wouldn't they most likely be R2-D2 & C3-P0?

2) Stormtroopers were present at both landings of Imperial Shuttles on the
second Death Star in RotJ (Both Vader's and the Emperor's arrivals).  If Lego
were to make a version of the Imperial Shuttle Tyderium, on the other hand, it
would be crewed by Rebels instead.  But if Lego were planning a year full of
Imperial releases, like, say, TIE Fighters and AT-STs, it migt be reasonable to
assume an Imperial Shuttle set would have an Imperial crew.

Yeah, if we're assuming an Imperial year (as we have for quite some time
now), that might be true. Still, a shuttle wouldn't be a huge model, so
the number of characters would probably be pretty limited... If we assume
TLG would want to capitalize on the fact that they now have an Emperor
minifig, he'd be included... Then Imperial guards would make more sense
than troopers. Also, the stormtroopers were only present as part of a
scenery, not really involved in any way with the shuttles.

3) Stormtroopers fought alongside AT-STs at the battle on Endor.

Good case. But that would probably require a fairly large model, unless it
was a one-seater, in which case a stormtrooper could definitely act as
"ground crew" (along the lines of what we've already seen for all rebel
fighters).

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
    web: http://www.ya-ba.net/