 Star Wars / 7657
Re: The reason for no stormtroopers is this:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Aaron West writes:
Is it wrong to wish for a Rebel Transport? Or Ewok Village, Glider and
Catapult complete with little ol' Ewoks?  Sectional playsets of the Death
Star, Rebel Base and Dagobah?  How about a droid service pack with everything
to make a dozen different droids?  I could go on all afternoon, and I might
later...
"The Emperor is displeased with your apparent lack of progress." THE Darth,
SW:ROTJ
Aaron

I'd like to see a whole bunch of modular playsets... everything from the Death
Star to Cloud City to Mos Eisley etc...  I think the modular idea is a great
one which Lego needs to explore.

They could make four or five different sets, some big some small, ranging in
price from $5 - $50...  Each set in the particular "playset series" would come
with either technic pins or something similar to connect the sets to form a
big playset...  It would be great for us AFOLs because we could pick and
choose from among the relatively inexpensive sets to get what we want.  This
would work out well for kids too... it's hard for kids to convince their
parents to buy them one big set, but it's alot easier to convince 'em to buy a
small set and continually build up more sets until the playset is complete.

Galoob did something similar a few years ago with micromachine playsets...
they were modular and cost about $10.00 apiece... once you got a few of them
it was like having a big playset.  They were mildly successful...  But I think
Lego would have more success because they'd be doing it with Star Wars... :)

-Bryan