 Star Wars / 6530
Re: Boba Fett's jetpack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:14:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Green writes:
I'd say the cockpit pieces, plus the laser cannons could be used in other lego
themes (the cockpits would probably have to have a different paint job,
though.) I think pieces like Boba's hlmet/backpack, Jar Jar's head and the
Eopies from the Gungan Patrol couldn't be used in other sets. I'd also doubt
lego would be able to use painted pieces in other themes, like the Tie Fighter
window piece, but with a different paint job they could use it.

For reference
The 'laser cannon' peices (in black) are used in the new soccer light stand,
set 3402.
The 'x-wing engine' appears in the upcoming microcopter for the adverturers
(I'm not entirely sure but that's what it looks like).
The click hinges have already infested town eg,6477 and 6474.

Most probably star wars elements refers to printed peices and recognisable
character shapes (heads, droids etc.) It would be a pity if the peices are
very restricted, star wars has been one of LEGO's best sources for parts (for
castle, space, new colours and just plain bricks) for a long time. Well at
least we've got another seven years after this one. Hmm, up to ten new sets a
year, 70 good sets to come.

James from Oz