 Star Wars / 6527
Re: Boba Fett's jetpack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:19:03 GMT

I'd say the cockpit pieces, plus the laser cannons could be used in other lego
themes (the cockpits would probably have to have a different paint job,
though.) I think pieces like Boba's hlmet/backpack, Jar Jar's head and the
Eopies from the Gungan Patrol couldn't be used in other sets. I'd also doubt
lego would be able to use painted pieces in other themes, like the Tie Fighter
window piece, but with a different paint job they could use it.

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Joshua Cirinna writes:
I dont think its the coolest thing Lego could of done, but I don’t think
you’re taking into account that EVERY star wars element  Lego produces is the
Intellectual Property of Lucasfilms and can never be used in another Lego
theme. I personally Don’t intend to ever use Star Wars Specific Elements In
MOC’s, so the molded boba fett helmet doesnt bug me as much as some people,
but nobody should have been surprised at the way they did it.

What exactly is a "Star Wars element" though?  I find that one very hard to
define... So what happens if TLC uses the cockpit pieces in a non-SW related
model?  I don't think Lucasfilms can be so "possessive" of their designs.

"That laser cannon belongs to the snowspeeder, so you're not allowed to use it
on xyz" doesn't sound very friendly to me.