 Star Wars / 5415
  Re: missing boba fett

(...) No way! Considering the Slave 1 seems to be rare, I would return it, or to talk to a manager and see if you can get a discount. If the box is open, I don't buy it! (Unless discounted a good deal, I might add! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Rare?? In the three Wal-Marts I've been to lately, I've seen at least 2 dozen of them. Ryan (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Hmmm... I have been to about 12 stores between Ann Arbor and Flint, and I found three so far. Must be a popular set around here. Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) The "good Jeff" says: Don't return it! Unless you just can't live without Bobe Fett for a few weeks. Call LEGO Consumer Affairs and ask them to replace it. They will. The "bad Jeff" says: You expected to have a complete set when you bought it, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) I've haven't seen quite that many on the shelves here in PGH, but the stores that I've visited (Target, Wal-Mart, Toys 'R Us) all have Slave I (as well as the rest of the new SW sets). Toki (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) found (...) They'll replace it even though the part was stolen? That would mean anyone could call consumer affairs and get just the figure. Or do they require you to send the receipt? Speaking of consumer affairs, what's the number and hours (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Yeah, it does. But that would be, in effect, stealing. Not just stealing from LEGO, but from the entire LEGO community, because, some day five years from now, someone may need a replacement Boba Fett with the sets long out of production, and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

James Beerman wrote in message ... (...) you (...) I don't believe I would use this method if the part was stolen. If a set came sealed missing pieces, I would call. If not, I don't think TLC should be saddled with this loss. The store you bought (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) I had a R2-D2 with smudged printing when the SW first came out last year. I called to get a replacement, they asked me to return it to them before they sent me a new one. Maybe I had to return it because it was defective rather than missing, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) It's definitely the stores fault, I don't TLC is liable at all, and should not be hit with the cost. Scott S. P.S. I have never had a piece missing from a set yet, either. But now that I said it... :) ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Apparently this is a problem that arose only with Star Wars to any great degree; while we .geeks may consider certain elements so rare we'd consider pilferage, there are a lot of people who aren't part of this community (I hope they're not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Which is why I always demand that LEGO allow me to pay for missing pieces. If I call them up, explain that the piece was stolen from the set, that I bought it knowing it had been opened, and, if knowing this, they want to offer to sell me a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

Nephilim wrote in message ... (...) Has it happened to you often? (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) I have only had one set ever with a missing piece. It was a 6614 Launch Evac I. The piece was one of the white frames for the grey roll-up doors. I simply returned the set to the TRU, and they opened up a second set right there to find the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) A set with stolen pieces? Only once. A returned set with missing pieces? A few times. (I consider this a different affair if the set is OBVIOUSLY a return (ie the pieces aren't in their plastic bags).) I usually don't ask for replacements in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Hmm.... maybe I misread this post. I thought the person in question just wanted to get the Boba Fett at no cost, if you pay for it, fine with me. If they called TLC wanting replacement parts for it, without paying for it, then I think that is (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) I did the same thing when I called Consumer Affairs and asked to purchase the gray cockpit and 2 rifles from the Bi-Wing Barron that had been stolen (I knew that they were missing, but managed to get a meager 20% discount from the K-Mart (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Even if a brand new, unopened set was missing a piece? Why? Jeff (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Because I appreciate the service, and I don't want LEGO to decide that a good cost-cutting move would be to cut back on their consumer affairs departments. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)