 Star Wars / 5530
Re: missing boba fett
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:40:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Thompson writes:

Which is why I always demand that LEGO allow me to pay for
missing pieces.

If I call them up, explain that the piece was stolen from the
set, that I bought it knowing it had been opened, and, if knowing
this, they want to offer to sell me a replacement piece, then LEGO
has entered the deal with their eyes open, there has been no
misrepresentation, and since I'm paying for the piece they have
not been hit with the cost.

I did the same thing when I called Consumer Affairs and asked to purchase the
gray cockpit and 2 rifles from the Bi-Wing Barron that had been stolen (I knew
that they were missing, but managed to get a meager 20% discount from the K-Mart
manager.)  Despite my protests that I wanted to pay, Consumer Affairs sent me
the parts for free.