 Star Wars / 5474
Re: missing boba fett
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:09:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Damian Garcia writes:

Nephilim wrote in message ...
Which is why I always demand that LEGO allow me to pay for
missing pieces.

   Has it happened to you often?

A set with stolen pieces?  Only once.

A returned set with missing pieces?  A few times.  (I consider
this a different affair if the set is OBVIOUSLY a return (ie the
pieces aren't in their plastic bags).)  I usually don't ask
for replacements in such cases since I knew the risk before buying
the set, but I might if the piece is quite integral and not
one I already have in my collection.

A sealed set with missing or malformed pieces?  I've had
that happen a half dozen times or so.  (mostly in 97 or
98.  Either their quality control is going back up or I'm not
buying as many sets now.)

Asking LEGO to replace elements that I've broken, lost from
my collection as a kid, or to replace parts in sets that I've
bought off people from the internet or at flea markets?  I've
done that a few times.

I insist on paying LEGO for all such cases, and I pay them more
than they ask, since they (in my opinion) don't ask enough.

And I always make PERFECTLY clear the circumstances under which
I bought the set, to give them a chance to refuse to replace
the piece.  IE "I bought the set on clearance and knew I was
taking a risk because it had already been opened, and I'd be
thankful if you could replace this broken piece, but since I knew
the risk etc etc etc."

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"