 Star Wars / 5458
Re: missing boba fett
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:49:07 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

D Garcia wrote:

James Beerman wrote in message ...
They'll replace it even though the part was stolen? That would mean anyone
could call consumer affairs and get just the figure.  Or do they require • you
to send the receipt?

I don't believe I would use this method if the part was stolen.  If a set
came sealed missing pieces, I would call.  If not, I don't think TLC should
be saddled with this loss.  The store you bought it from should be held
responsible.  As much as I would hate it, I would return it and hope for
another chance at getting a sealed one.

It's definitely the stores fault, I don't TLC is liable at all, and
should not be hit with the cost.

Scott S.

P.S. I have never had a piece missing from a set yet, either. But now
that I said it... :)

Apparently this is a problem that arose only with Star Wars to any great degree;
while we .geeks may consider certain elements so rare we'd consider pilferage,
there are a lot of people who aren't part of this community (I hope they're not
anyways--I have a much higher opinion of LUGNETters than of the general
population) who will buy the set, take out the *one* minifig--last year it was
Darth Vader, this year it's Boba Fett--and return the set.  Whether they just
want the one figure or expect to sell quite a few and don't want to put in the
time and effort to learn how to separate the rest of the pieces into profitable
lots (or God forbid learn to love the brick), it's theft plain and simple.  It's
really saddening.

Hmmm, now *there's* an idea for a stop-motion minifig cinema masterpiece:

"Dr. StrangeLUG:  Or, How I Learned to Love the Brick."

best,

Lindsay